Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Resolutions

I've been thinking about the end of 2008 for a while. Truthfully, I've been looking forward to it.

It's been a year that's brought amazing events and celebrations, some that I've dreamed about and some beyond my imagination.

It's also brought enormous challenges and losses that continue to test me, my clients and those I love.

As I wrote in a previous post
(_http://presentperfectcoach.blogspot.com/2008/12/time-in-bottle.html_), 2008 is the longest year since 1992, thanks to the leap day of February 29 and the extra leap-second that will be added before midnight.

If ever a year needed to find a graceful conclusion, it's this one. At least IMHO.

I know I'll review 2008 and remember all its perfect moments and lessons. Later.

Right now I'm going to think about 2009.

I'm not much for resolutions and lists, but fortunately, media blogger Chris Brogan made a list of what NOT to do in 2009 that contains points of perfection (at least for the coach in me):

Stop waiting for something to come that will make everything better (if only).

And: Stop striving for perfection, and strive for execution instead.

He adds a few things that we all might add to our "To Do" lists:

Work on interesting projects that matter to you (and empower others to participate).

Discover your passions (and share them openly)


So in the spirit of the season, this gift: the Brogan lists:

http://www.chrisbrogan.com/12-things-to-stop-doing-in-2009/

Seems like a great foundation for 2009.

Happy New Year!

No comments: